Mumbai, 1 July 2022 - While the monsoons are just about setting in across the country, it’s raining records at ŠKODA AUTO India. INDIA 2.0, an endeavour that began in 2018, is seeing the company break its own sales records and set new ones month after month. June 2022 has seen 6,023 ŠKODAs find new homes across India. This is after breaking a decade-old record with 5,608 units in March 2022. Year-on-Year, June 2022 is a rise of 721% compared to the 734 cars sold in June 2021. Above all, ŠKODA AUTO India have crossed the annual sales of 23,858 units in 2021 with 28,899 units already sold in H1 2022.
Zac Hollis, Brand Director, ŠKODA AUTO India, said, “Both our INDIA 2.0 products have entered the market in an extremely challenging backdrop. A global pandemic, intermittent lockdowns, economic upheaval, geopolitical instability, and now a continued semiconductor shortage upsetting supply chain. So, it’s an incredible achievement for all of us ŠKODA AUTO India to continue breaking and setting new sales records. It’s the result of all-round work from all our teams. Not just in terms of the product, but in terms of customer satisfaction, a wider, deeper penetration of our all new customer touchpoints and a series of consumer-centric service campaigns. Also playing a big role are our dealer partners who have done a stellar job. Together, we will ensure that 2022 will be our ‘Biggest Year’ in India.”
ŠKODA AUTO India is already beating projections and targets for 2022. Just last month, the company hit 205+ customer touchpoints from 175 in December 2021. The company has now reset its projections to 250 customer touchpoints for 2022 over the previously set 225 touchpoints. The manufacturer’s oldest nameplate, and one of India’s longest-running cars in continuous production, the ŠKODA OCTAVIA, crossed the 1 lakh mark recently. With sedans like the OCTAVIA and SUPERB leading their segment, the KODIAQ already sold out for the year, and the INDIA 2.0 heroes, the SLAVIA and KUSHAQ clocking in healthy numbers, the Czech manufacturer with a 2-decade legacy in India, is growing from strength to strength.
- is successfully steering through the new decade with the NEXT LEVEL - ŠKODA STRATEGY 2030
- aims to be one of the five best-selling brands in Europe by 2030 with an attractive line-up in the entry- level segments and additional e-models
- is emerging as the leading European brand in India, Russia and North Africa
- currently offers its customers 11 passenger-car series: the SLAVIA, FABIA, RAPID, SCALA, OCTAVIA and SUPERB as well as the KAMIQ, KAROQ, KODIAQ, ENYAQ iV and KUSHAQ
- delivered over 870,000 vehicles to customers around the world in 2021
- has been a member of the Volkswagen Group for 30 years. The Volkswagen Group is one of the most successful vehicle manufacturers in the world
- independently manufactures and develops not only vehicles but also components such as engines and transmissions in association with the Group
- operates at three sites in the Czech Republic; manufactures in China, Russia, Slovakia and India primarily through Group partnerships, as well as in Ukraine with a local partner
- employs more than 43,000 people globally and is active in over 100 markets
ŠKODA AUTO INDIA
- fascinating customers in India since 2001
- offers five models in India – SLAVIA, SUPERB, OCTAVIA, KUSHAQ and KODIAQ.
- present in more than 125 cities across the country with over 205 customer touchpoints
- recorded a triple digit growth of 130% with 23,858 units sold in 2021
- ŠKODA AUTO India website - www.škoda-auto.co.in