- Mega deliveries planned for the recently launched new Volkswagen Virtus across India
- Reigniting the premium midsize sedan segment with over 2,000 Volkswagen Virtus delivered to customers over a period of two weeks from its launch in the Indian market
- The Virtus has created a national record at the ‘India Book of Records’ by being the single most sedan to be delivered to 150 customers by a single dealership in one day in Kerala
- Bringing back the love and admiration for the sedan segment by customers, with the entry of the new Volkswagen Virtus
- At an introductory price of INR 11.21 lakhs (ex-showroom), the striking, exhilarating and German-engineered Volkswagen Virtus was launched on 9th June 2022
- With best-in-class features, the new Virtus is available in the Dynamic (1.0l TSI) and Performance (1.5l TSI EVO) line that is mated to a 6-speed manual transmission, 6- speed automatic torque converter, or a 7-speed DSG transmission
- For more details on the new Volkswagen Virtus, customers can visit the nearest dealership or the website www.volkswagen.co.in
Mumbai: Volkswagen Passenger Cars India recently launched the new Volkswagen Virtus with the aim to reignite the premium midsize sedan segment. Since its introduction, the Volkswagen Virtus has received an incredible response and customer demand owing to which the Brand in India has commenced its ‘Big by delivery’, mega delivery program across India.
With the introduction of the new Volkswagen Virtus, the Brand has brought back the love and admiration for the sedan segment. The phenomenal response has led to the delivery of over 2,000 units of the Volkswagen Virtus across India through the mega delivery program. As a matter of fact, the Volkswagen Virtus recently created a national record at the ‘India Book of Records’ by being the single most sedan to be delivered to 150 customers by a single dealership in one day in Kerala.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Ashish Gupta, Brand Director, Volkswagen Passenger Cars India said, “At Volkswagen India, we are extremely delighted to witness the new Virtus win our customers hearts through its striking design, exhilarating performance and German-engineering. The love, admiration and phenomenal response for the Volkswagen Virtus by our customers can be seen through the mega delivery program organized across India. We welcome our new customers with great humility
and look forward to offering them the best of products and services by Volkswagen.”
The new Volkswagen Virtus is available across 152 sales touchpoints in India at an introductory price of INR 11.21 lakh (ex-showroom). The newest entrant in the premium midsize sedan segment, the new Volkswagen Virtus is developed on the MQB A0 IN platform and manufactured at Chakan, Pune.
The Volkswagen Virtus is offered in the Dynamic and Performance line variants, loaded with best-in-class features. It is powered by the globally acclaimed TSI technology and is available in 2 engines and 3 transmission options.
The Performance Line is equipped with the 1.5l TSI EVO engine with Active Cylinder Technology (ACT) that comes with a 7-speed DSG transmission, delivering peak power of 110 kW (150PS) from 5000 to 6000 rpm range and peak torque of 250Nm at 1600 to 3500 rpm. The Dynamic Line 1.0l TSI engine is mated to a 6-speed manual and 6-speed automatic torque converter transmission, delivering 85kW (115PS) power ranging from 5000 to 5500 rpm and 178 Nm of torque at 1750 to 4500 rpm.
The new Virtus is available in six striking color options that customers can choose from – Wild Cherry Red, Carbon Steel Grey, Reflex Silver, Curcuma Yellow, Candy White and Rising Blue.
With customers at the heart of the brand, the Volkswagen Virtus comes equipped with the 4EVER Care package that offers 4-years/ 100,000 km warranty extendable up to 7 years, 4-years road-side assistance extendable up to 10 years and 3-labor free services. Further, for an affordable ownership experience customers can purchase their preferred loyalty product like service value packages, extended warranty and roadside assistance from their preferred dealership or through the online booking platform.